Not eating breakfast is the worst. Don’t do that.
Instead, check out the first installment of my new short series for serial breakfast-skippers, “Breakfast Before Bed.”
Try it out and let me know what you think!
Cherry Almond Chia Seed Pudding
Two 1-pint mason jars
Immersion (stick) blender (a regular blender will work too*).
- 14-oz can full-fat coconut milk
- 1 cup chia seeds, divided in half
- 2 TBSPs honey, divided in half
- 2 tsps vanilla extract, divided in half
- 2 tsps almond extract, divided in half
- 12-16 pitted sweet cherries (I use frozen)
- Split the can of coconut milk evenly between two 1-pint mason jars (this doesn’t need to be perfect).
- Add half of all the remaining ingredients to each jar.
- Place your immersion blender into the jar, and cover the mouth of the jar with paper towels to prevent splatter. Pulse several times until your mixture is dark pink/purple and cherries are well blended. This should only take a few seconds.
- Carefully remove the blender, pushing the mixture off of it and back into the jar with the paper towel as you go.
- Screw on the lids, shake for good measure, and leave in the refrigerator overnight or at least two hours.
*If you don’t have an immersion blender, just pour all ingredients in a regular blender and pulse for a few seconds until smooth, then pour into jars. I prefer the immersion blender because this method leaves a lot of valuable liquid and seeds on the sides of the blender (okay, also because it looks cooler). Just be certain to scrape as much as possible out of the blender when you pour.